WELCOME TO GWINNETT LOCALLY GROWN!
We are an online farmer’s market serving Gwinnett County, Georgia providing you with Fresh, Organic, and nutrient-dense foods.
As a member, you can order our products online and then pick up your items once a week at Rancho Alegre Farm. We are proud to offer our members local products including:
• organic fruits and vegetables
• pasture-raised beef & pork
• free-range poultry and eggs
• raw cow’s and goat’s milk labeled for pet consumption
• prepared foods
• Local Honey
• laundry products
We are committed to providing you with the highest quality products. Our suppliers practice sustainable methods, without the use of synthetic pesticides or chemicals.
WHY SUPPORT LOCALLY GROWN?
Support your local economy:
By purchasing produce and other items from local growers, you are providing stability to your local economy through the support of local businesses.
Support small farmers:
The number of small farms in the United States has decreased dramatically in the last decade. Please help us preserve an honest and worthy means of making a living. We believe that small, diverse, family-owned farms constribute to society’s overall health.
Provide learning opportunities:
By supporting Gwinnett Locally Grown, you provide our growers the means to help educate our community about the importance of sustainable agriculture.
Save natural resources:
Buying locally makes you an invaluable link in the process of saving resources such as fossil fuels and packaging materials. Also, we are right here in your community, so the expense of transportation and delivery is kept to a minimum.
HOW CAN I BECOME A MEMBER OF GWINNETT LOCALLY GROWN?
Sign up here. There is a $25 annual membership fee per household, but for your first two orders, the membership fee is waived. If you like the market, your membership fee will automatically be added to your third order.
HOW DO I PLACE AN ORDER?
This is how the order process works:
1. The market opens on Thursdays at 9:00am and closes on Mondays at 12 noon. You simply login to your account, browse through the available items, and order only the items you want within that time frame. This is the ONLY time you can place your order!
After Monday noon, the market is CLOSED and online ordering is DISABLED until the following Thursday.
2. Although we encourage customers to pay online, we also accept checks, cash or major credit cards at pick-up. (Please note that there is a 3.5% processing fee to cover the cost the credit card companies charge.)
3. Growers will receive the orders as soon as The Market closes, and harvest on Monday and Tuesday for delivery to The Market at Rancho Alegre Farm on Tuesday afternoon.
4. Pick up our ordered items on Tuesday from 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Rancho Alegre Farm located at 2225 Givens Road, Dacula, GA 30019. Payment is due at pick-up if you have not paid via online payment when you placed your order. This is the only pick-up time!
Here is a map of Rancho Alegre Farm’s location:
HOW GWINNETT LOCALLY GROWN WAS BORN
Pilar Quintero, of Rancho Alegre Farm, started Gwinnett Locally Grown in 2010 with the help of Atlanta Locally Grown and Athens Locally Grown. Rancho Alegre Farm generously sponsors The Market as part of their outreach programs, allowing us to utilize their Country Store for pickups and assisting in providing resources for The Market.
We are an expansion of the Locally Grown Network. Each grower farms his/her land using strict standards to ensure that everything produced is chemical-free. All Locally Grown member farms are dedicated to supplying their customers with the freshest and highest quality products. Participating farms may vary in size and specialty, but all carry the common thread of dedication to community, enviorment, health and education.
Gwinnett Locally Grown’s Mission
While not a true co-op, Gwinnett Locally Grown will use cooperative efforts to achieve steady and dependable means of supplying the highest quality produce and other products. The Locally Grown Network works to find new and innovative methods to support our local economy, provide meaningful work, preserve green spaces, protect our natural resources, and return to a more self-sufficient community life.
If you recognize the importance of educating the community about the benefits of sustainable agriculture practices to our lives and our land, then become a part of Gwinnett Locally Grown today!
Sign up for your membership now to begin enjoying delicious locally grown and nutrient-dense foods!
WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Questions not answered here, or comments may be directed to email@example.com.